In Episode 266, co-hosts Matt Emerson & Jan O'Brien welcome Jim Dague to the WBNL Podcast Studio. Jim is a veteran real estate professional with the wisdom and scars to prove it. Join us as we dive into his accomplishments and get his take on the industry's current state. Here's Jimmy...
When a podcast guest joins us in the studio, we always ask them to send us the bio they'd like us to use. As requested, Jim sent his info over. We are always appreciative of people who make us stop and think. Jim is that guy! This bio screams perseverance! You'll find some of his other credentials following his most recent bio offering.
My short form Bio - fwiw
- Jim entered real estate in 1978 - He's a REALTOR(R) Emeritus
- 2008 happened, and he lost everything - like a lot of other Realtors - 9 Offices, 800 agents
- He did manage to learn a bit from that experience
- He had a large, VERY profitable property management company - he lost that too
- Divorced, Bankrupt twice
- He taught college courses at the College of Southern Nevada and got fired there
Winners and LEARNERS -
- He has brokered pretty much everything except commercial - units, land, homes - even timeshare
- He became a Broker/Owner in 1985 and built two of the most successful Century 21 firms in the system - He took a 20-agent company to 800 agents and had the Top CENTURY 21 Office in the World for 3 year
- He's taught in 14 states and was invited back to 13?
Jim Dague is a trainer and results coach. His offerings are FUN, highly interactive, and relevant!
His real estate and training background is extensive. He is an expert 'train' the trainer Instructor and was selected to present that topic at the 2016 RAPDD Conference.
Jim has given keynotes and taught in 14 states, everything from G.R.I. courses to REBAC/A.B.R., SRES, e-PRO, RSPS/Second Home, and the WCR Effective Negotiating courses to plain old CE and orientation classes. Jim was selected to present the A.B.R. course at the NAR Centennial Convention.
Jim has authored numerous CE courses, including Technology Updates, Ethics, Contracts, Negotiating Skills, and Agency. For ten years, he taught various real estate courses as an Adjunct Professor at the College of Southern Nevada. He has been on the Greater Las Vegas Assn. Faculty of REALTORS for over 20 years. He was also a Brian Buffini facilitator for the Peak Producers program.
He's been the GLVAR Dean twice. He was voted by the student's instructor of the Year three times. He's He's REALTOR of the month three times. Served on and chaired many committees and was inducted into the GLVAR Hall of Fame.
He is an expert in Professional Standards and teaches the Pro Standards Update class and an excellent 3-hour offering on Procuring Cause.
The MAIN topics Jim teaches are:
On a personal level, Jim has three kids and five grandkids and is in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame with 4th Degree and 8th Degree Black Belts.